Friday, April 29, 2011

Tornado Victim Help

I guess everyone knows now about all the devastation across the Southeast from the horrible tornados.

It is so overwhelming and sad. I think it is very hard for most of us who are so fortunate, to even imagine losing everything you own. I know a lot of the people in the north section of Birmingham that lost everything, also have no insurance, so they don't even have the means to start to rebuild their lives. To make matters worse, so many businesses were affected, many, many people now have no jobs as well.
I watched the all day news coverage yesterday and there are so many tragic stories that today I couldn't even read the paper without crying. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to walk in these people's shoes.

One of my customers has made some t-shirts to help raise money for the Red Cross Neighbors in Need Fund. How do I know that the money will really go to the fund- well she just happens to live near me, although we haven't personally met, we have talked and someone she knows lost their home, their car- EVERYTHING. Here is a picture of her husband in his shirt this morning- he is heading out to the affected area to help.


Here are the shirts and they all link to her shop where you can get a shirt to help
all the unfortunate people in Alabama
I Love Alabama Storm Relief Tee (with verse)
there is also a shirt without the verse- available in adult and children's sizes

She is also working on a shirt for the victims in Georgia that will be up soon


I can promise your contributions WILL go to the Red Cross fund mentioned.

Please keep all the people in Alabama and all the affected areas in your thoughts.
Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, tell me what you think!!!